Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Love

1 Jn. 3:7
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 

It is exciting to me that love is the key issue in my relationship with God. He reached down in love to me, and now I must reach out to others in love. This love also proves I have been born again, and that I know Him. God's greatest act of love was sending His only Son to earth as the propitiation for my sins so that  I might live and love through Him. What love the Father has given us!

If we abide in God and He in us, then His love is perfected in us. If we confess that Jesus is the son of God, then God abides with us. It is through Jesus that we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment because as He is so also are we in this world. 

Love casts out fear! How? Why? Normally I would fear someone or something because I think people will be judging me. But God has eliminated this fear because there is no judgment in love. In the same way, I must not judge others [saying I hate them.] because God's love has transformed me so that I am a different person. Yet, I am still here in a body of flesh, flesh that has all manner of negative things in it. So these great truths are life and hope to me. They are my guide and my enabling. God doesn't call me to anything without giving me what I need to do it. The final word is And this is the commandment we have from Him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Father,
Transform my heart so that it unites with Yours. I ask that Your grace would be my strength as well as my love. I am yours make me what You want to be.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment