Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Enough From You

Deut. 3:26
But the Lord was angry with me because of you and would not listen to me. And the Lord said to me, Enough from you; do not speak to me of this matter again.

Moses was giving final instructions to Israel before they were to conquer the promised land, and once more he pleaded with the Lord saying, O Lord God, you have only begun to show your servant your greatness and your mighty hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do such mighty acts as yours? Please let me go over and see the good land beyond the Jordan... But God had already told him the answer. There was no change! Sometimes the desire of our hearts is so strong that we say, please, please, please... just like a little child, but sometimes God's answer is no. And that is an answer that has to be accepted. Apparently, Moses was not accepting what God had told him because the Lord was angry and would not listen. Enough of this matter! How like a parent dealing with a child that won't stop asking. Enough of this matter! On one hand, we are to be the importunate neighbor knocking and asking repeatedly for bread, but on the other hand, we are to accept the thorn in the flesh in Paul's case or not entering the land in Moses' case. What it requires on my part is trusting my life, my future to the wisdom of a sovereign God. He knows what is best for me as He knew what was best for Moses and Paul. Like Paul I want to say, We have this treasure in jars to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way yet not crushed; perplexed yet not driven to despair; persecuted yet not forsaken; struck down yet not destroyed. Always carrying in our bodies the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our bodies. That is my desire and my prayer!

Father,
Give me Your grace and power to make these verses a reality. Help me to submissively accept Your plan for my life even when it gets so hard. Thank You for listening, and caring, and for coming alongside me to carry the burden with me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment