Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sovereignly Appointed

Job 23:10
But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

The fact that He knows all provides such assurance and peace during the good times and the bad times. He is unchangeable, and who can turn Him back? What He desires, that He does. For He will complete what He appoints for me, and many such things are in His mind. Living practically with the knowledge of God's sovereignty erases the frustrations over life's situations and circumstances. It eliminates being angry at people who harm us, malign us, or use us for their own advancement; as well as people who are unjust and accuse us falsely. No person, regardless of their motives, can do anything apart from the sovereign plan and purpose of God. So when I am angry, upset, or grudging, my feelings are really aimed at God and His purposes. Instead, I must trust Him that He knows what is best for me. What is hard is that trusting means that I won't always understand the why or the reasons behind events and relationships. Many times from a human point of view things look so terrible, and it appears that many innocent people are devastated or even killed. Yet, God is not asking me to understand or struggle with the reasons why. He is asking me to trust, to rest peacefully in Him and to depend on Him completely. It is the end result of trust that brings my coming forth as gold.

Father,
Continue teaching me about Your sovereign will and purpose. Give me grace to practically apply what I know so that my life will be radical for You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment