Saturday, April 7, 2012

Requirements

Deut. 10:12-13
And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the LORD, which I am commanding you today for your good?

Certain things are required by God! Israel must fear God, walk in His ways, love and serve Him with all their heart and soul, and keep His commandments. Why? God says it is good for them! Why doesn't Israel want what was good for them? What was their problem? What was keeping them from a relationship with a God who had miraculously delivered them from Egypt, who had miraculously  preserved their lives in the wilderness walk, and was now ready to miraculously give them the promised land? No mystery, Moses spells it out. Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no longer stubborn. Isn't it amazing that Israel's problem was a thing as simple as stubbornness? Their hearts were not freely given to God. At times they had obeyed God outwardly, but inwardly they were clinging to their own will and desires. They would not surrender to God. What an example for me. What is the condition of my heart? Is it surrendered to God? Without surrender there is nothing. God accepts no left overs.

Father,
Teach me to surrender everyday and minute. Whatever You teach me and show me in Your word, give me Your grace to obey. Thank You for structuring my life so that it is for my good.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment