Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Encouragement

I Thess. 4:18
Therefore encourage one another with these words.
 
What is more encouraging than the hope that life will be increasingly and unbelievably better! If life is filled with the hardship, adversity, illness, financial reverses, corrupt politics, injustice, relative morality, lack of absolutes, weather shifts, tragedies, disasters, persecution, etc, and it is, then wouldn't the hope of a world without these things be encouraging. Yes!  God promises to give us His strength and grace to endure and to mature through these hard things, and He does, but yet we must go through the fire to come out as gold. So hoping for Jesus' sure return is definitely my hope and my encouragement.
 
  • The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. How glorious is that! Jesus Himself comes for me in great power and majesty like the King that He is!
  • And the dead in Christ will rise first.
  • Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air...What a reunion is this!
  • and so we will always be with the Lord. Always and only with the Lord! What an eternity of blessing and praise.
Therefore, in light of all this and because of all this, I can be comforted and comfort others in the body. This should be my greatest comfort!
 
Father,
Thank you for comforting my heart this morning, for all the care and love You shed on my life. I rejoice to be Your child and I eagerly wait for Jesus' return.
Waiting for Him,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment