Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More Encouragment

I Thess. 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
 
 
Who doesn't think about the times and the seasons: the political arena, the economy, the loss of freedoms, the moral climate, etc.? Are all these events leading up to something devastating? But chapter 5 reminds us of what we know.
  • The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
  • When people are saying, There is peace and security, then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. Sounds so scary! Even though this strikes fear, there is a major difference in my life. I am His child, a child of light. I have a heads up.
  • But you are not in darkness, brothers, for the day to surprise you like a thief. For you are children of light, children of the day,. We are not of the darkness. Remember this fact. I am not a child of the darkness. I will not be surprised because I am ready.
  • So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. I must be awake and sober, getting ready for His return, saturating myself in His word and growing more like Him.
  • But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. Is my armor on? Am I neglecting anything? Am I focused and controlled by faith and love? Am I living in this reality?
  • For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with Him. God has destined me for salvation! How wonderful is that! I need not fear for whether I have died or am still alive, I will go to be with Him, eager and ready. Just think to be destined by God. Nothing is happenstance. All is planned.
All of this is an encouragement to me. I must encourage others and build them up. Together we stand ready as His body longing for His return and unafraid of this world's circumstances and issues. Our destiny is different!
 
Father,
Thank you for my life and my destiny. Thank You for encouraging my heart. Help me to encourage and build others up. Teach me more each day about my protective armor.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment