Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Breathed by God

2 Tim. 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
 
How glorious is that! The very words that I have access to at any moment of the day are breathed by God! The are the link from my humanity to His divinity. I must confess many times I read the Word without ever considering this fact. I simply treat it as a book with supernatural power that can transform my life, but I need to go a step further and live in the reality of the breath of God. Somehow this fact gives it a whole new depth.
 
God breathed out words that were profitable for daily living. He wants me to live by them and to share them with others. They are food for teaching hungry souls,  reproof  for straying souls,  correction for willful souls, and training in righteousness for eager souls. His breath has given me all that I need, all that anyone needs.
 
Why has God breathed these specific words? He wants His children [including me] to be competent and equipped for every good work. Competent means having the capacity to function or develop in a particular way. To me it speaks of preparation. I have counted the cost and am willing to follow in the steps of Jesus. I am not running ahead of Him thinking that I can do this for God. Is there anything that I can do for God? Nothing apart from His grace! Grace is my reality!!  Once I am trained by the Word, then I can go forward equipped for every good work. Then I can function, serve, and minister in and through His grace. The key to competence and equipping is in the Word not in my personal talents or experience. God desires my complete surrender so that His grace becomes my very breath. 
 
Father,
Thank You for renewing my heart and mind in Your breath! What a great God You are to share  Your breath with me! Teach me more each day how to be competent and equipped for good works  through Your grace. I will run in the way of Your commandments when You enlarge my heart. Enlarge me today. Fill me with Your grace!
In His name,Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment