Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Light of Dawn

Prov. 4:18-19
But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. The way of the wicked is like deep darkness, they do not know over what they stumble.
 
What a contrast! I love the image of the light beginning at dawn and increasing until the full day. To me it speaks of growth and constantly improving illumination. This is what each day with the Lord is like as the light reveals more and more of Him. The closer I am to Him, the clearer my path will be.
 
But the wicked dwell in the deep darkness, a darkness so shrouded that no glimmer of light will force its way through. The result is constant stumbling, falling, injury, and depression. I can only imagine what it would be like to live in such a state. In my case fear would rule the day!
 
 
Then Solomon gives some wise rules to guard and guide the life:
  • Keep you heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. How important it is to keep my heart where it should be. What I feed the heart will determine what flows out of it!
  • Put away crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you. Watch what I say! I must honor the Lord in every word.
  • Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Don't be sidetracked! Live for Jesus unswervingly.
  • Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Ponder, think, don.t be easily persuaded. Stay true to the Word.
  • Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil. Avoid evil at all costs, yet still share the Lord with all those God has put in your way.
 
What great proverbs! How blessed am I to walk in the light, the ever-increasing light!
 
Father,
Thank You for Your Word and for the great wisdom in it. Teach me to apply it to my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment