Sunday, August 11, 2013

Unashamed

II Tim. 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
 
No need to be ashamed...what a statement! When I think of presenting myself approved to God, I know that I must rely on grace for this. Still at the same time I can not cheapen that grace by doing nothing, by sitting back unmotivated and uncaring. When I see the need, [the lost souls or my own personal growth and body life], I must go beyond my salvation experience. How does this worker maintain his life without shame? By rightly handling the word of truth. It comes back to the time I spend in the word. Still I can sit and soak in the great riches without letting it flow out to others or letting it impact and change my life. Thankfully, this state of approval comes from the inside out without my acts of reformation or my willpower. It is accomplished by the Spirit molding  and shaping me to handle each and every circumstance that God has placed in my life. Consistency is the key! Be in the word consistently and have an ever increasing appetite for what is sacred and not for what is common. 
 
Father,
I so want to be an approved workman acting without shame. Fill me with Your power and grow me in Your grace so that I can be pleasing to You. Teach me to rightly handle Your word.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment