Friday, August 23, 2013

It Was Fitting

Heb. 2:9-10
But we see Him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. For it was flitting that He, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
 
 
What verses! Jesus descended, not just lower than God, not just lower than angels, but so low that He took on human form. Jesus was crowned with glory and honor because of His suffering to death. Is His suffering somehow equal to glory and honor? What He endured was through the grace of God. Jesus endured to death through the grace of God as do I. I suffer through this life until death takes me home and all of it is through the grace of God. He led the way. He was my example and gave me His footsteps to follow. And all this was fitting! It was fitting that He, the Creator of all, would bring salvation to the sons of men, the sons of men that would be transformed to sons of glory by the grace that only God gives. He, the founder of salvation, is perfected through suffering. What a concept! Suffering and grace are vital to this entire scenario.
 
Therefore He had to be made like His brothers in every respect, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because He Himself has suffered when tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted.
 
Suffering once again! He understands my temptations because of His suffering. Suffering and grace must be part of my life as it was His. This is fitting... 
 
Father,
I want to follow in Jesus' steps. I know they must be full of the grace of God and suffering. It is hard to ask for that, but draw me close to You and give me what is Your best for me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment