Saturday, August 17, 2013

Trust in the Lord

Prov. 16:3-4
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.
 
Who better than the One who gave my work its purpose? Often I struggle about what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. Many times I forget to take this simple step of committing my work to the Lord. After all, whatever I am able to do is because He has enabled me. He created me with my specific set of gifts, talents, abilities, and circumstances. He knows what purpose they were and are to fulfill. It is encouraging to me that He has given the wicked purpose for the day of trouble since it is often the wicked who upset plans. Believer or unbeliever, it makes no difference, all live and act according to His purpose.
 
Prov. 16:9
The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
 
So very true! How many plans the heart makes! Many times it only leads to frustration when they don't work out. What peace it gives me to know that the Lord establishes my steps regardless of my plans. So it would be smart if I consulted Him first since He has the final word anyway.
 

Prov. 16:20,24
Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
 
Think before I speak! Pray before I think! Trust in the Lord always! What a simple plan but how difficult to make it come to pass. If this is in place, my words will be gracious and sweet not only for those I speak to but for my own soul as well.
 
 
The conclusion: Trust in the Lord. Commit my life, my work, my way, and words, my thoughts and my feelings to Him. His purpose is best for me. I need not fret over each step because they are all ordered by Him. He controls my life down to the very words that I speak, words that can give sweetness and health to my body.
 
Father,
Guide me in Your way so that I don't seek my own work and plan. Teach me to trust You wholeheartedly. Let me glorify You in my every word and thought.
In His name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment