Wednesday, August 7, 2013

No Shame

2 Tim. 1:8-9
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,
 
Because Timothy has been taught the truth in his home by his mother and grandmother, because he knows he must fan into flame the gift of God that lives within him, and because God has given him the spirit of power, love, and self-control, he must share in the suffering for the gospel by the power of God. This is his calling as it is my calling! God has set this plan in motion for His own purpose and grace which He gave us in Jesus, the One who died and was resurrected. When He rose in new life, He made it possible for me to rise in new life. So any suffering is not a cause for shame but a cause for rejoicing.  Like Paul and Timothy, I must rejoice in my suffering because I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. What a faith! What resolve but always through the grace of God!

Once again Paul urges Timothy to follow sound words that he has been taught and guard the good deposit entrusted to him. What a message for me! Guard it with all that I have! Stay strong and true to God's Word and know that suffering for the gospel brings no shame but rejoicing. This is my life. Because it is sacred not common I must treasure it and value it above all else.

Father,
Give me strong resolved by Your power and grace. Take away my fear of sharing. Keep me ever in Your care.
In Jesus name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment