Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Throne of Grace

Heb. 4:16
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
 
How wonderful! But why? What or who has given us this great gift?
 
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
 
The answer is Jesus, the Son of God. He is our high priest, one unlike any human priest. He was tempted in all areas as we are, but without sin. Tempted in all areas is a hard concept to understand. I will have to take it by faith now and wait for heaven where I will know fully even as I have been fully known. But I am so thankful for Him because without His sinless sacrifice, I would be eternally lost as would be all mankind. Not only did His sacrifice provide salvation, but it provided me an entrance to the throne of grace. I can come confidently to Him with anything because He was tempted in all ways as I am. He understands my plight, my weaknesses, and my flesh! He can guide my life in the way that it should go. He can give me what I need: grace and mercy. He is more than willing to give me what I need, but how many times do I try and handle temptation on my own? How many times do I fail and then just go on completely splattered with the muck of the world? How foolish on my part!  His grace and mercy is the only thing that can keep me afloat and free of the weights of the world.
 
Father,
Thank You for sending Your Son to be the sinless sacrifice. Thank You for Your grace and mercy and for my entrance to Your throne. Lord, convict me mightily when I stray off by myself unprotected and unprepared. Keep me close to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment