Monday, August 17, 2015

High Priest

Heb. 7:25
Consequently, He is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. 

Chapter 7 describes my high priest, Jesus Christ. He did not become this eternal high priest because of the legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of indestructibility. He is eternal! He is priest forever because He lives forever! It is through Him, Jesus Christ, that I draw near to God. He is holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. He doesn't need to offer daily sacrifices because He was the sacrifice once for all on the cross. He was the perfect Son, the perfect Savior, the perfect high Priest, perfectly perfect forever!

Father,
My heart is full of thanks for this great gift. Thank You for my eternal intercessor who prays for me constantly.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment