Sunday, August 2, 2015

Grace

Titus 3:3
For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. 

I am to live in a certain way to the world around me, not because they deserve it, but because they know no better. I was once exactly like they are:  foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. Yikes! So glad to be saved from all that! But because of what Jesus has done in my life, I am to show grace to others. I am to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for good works, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle and to show perfect courtesy to everyone. Quite a life change!! Certainly, living like this is nearly impossible. It is only through His grace and strength that I can take a stab at living like this. It demands my constant relying on Him and His grace.

I love verses 4-7 in this same chapter where Paul describes exactly what Jesus did for me and all humanity. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. What a life! How blessed am I! Who would desire the old life when they know, and understand the new life? Not only am I saved in this present life but also for eternity. Paul. ends the book with the simple statement: Grace be with you all. Grace for salvation. Grace for daily living. Grace for all my future as well. 

Father,
Thank You for such a great salvation, for Your Son, and Your Holy Spirit. Help me to live like You want me to remembering what You saved me from and knowing full well that it was nothing that I did. It was all of You! Thank You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment