Friday, August 21, 2015

Perfect Peace

Is. 26:3-4
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. 

Chapter 26 begins with In that day...Truly many things will be different in that day. The pompous pride of the earth will be leveled. Those who sought honor apart from God will be dishonored. The earth will be utterly emptied. Judgment will be administered and completed. In that day the Lord will swallow up death forever and wipe away tears from all faces. The reproach of the people will be taken away from all earth. The people will say, Behold this is our God; we have waited for Him, that He might save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for Him; let us be glad and rejoice in His salvation. In that day there will be perfect peace. But for now, what a blessed foretaste we have! We can claim this promise trusting in the Lord to fulfill it. What must I do? I must trust in Him forever! For now, my soul yearns for Him in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks Him. I must nurture my relationship with Jesus letting it grow more and more each day. I must walk in the Spirit and live by the Spirit. I must be glad and rejoice in my God!

Father,
Grow me in my trust. Help me to rest in peace keeping my mind stayed on You. I confess my worry about things out of my control. In those times teach me how to keep my flesh from flaring out of control.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment