Friday, August 14, 2015

The Vision

Is. 6:1-6

By means of a vision Isaiah was transported into the very throne room of God. It was there he realized the extent of his evil, wicked flesh. He knew that before God he was nothing. The seraphim called out to one another, Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory. At the sounding of these glorious words, the foundations of the thresholds shook, and the house was filled with smoke. What mighty power is God's holiness! 

Isaiah immediately responded, Woe is me! I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts! In comparison to the holiness of God what hope could man have, that is what hope could he have considering the unworthiness of his heart and soul? But as with us, God provided a way. One of the seraphim brought a burning coal from the altar and touched Isaiah's mouth and said, Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for. Only God can bridge the gap between man and Himself! Thankfully He did and still does! 

But the story didn't end there. Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord Himself. How did he feel now? Was he still undone? Purely conjecture, but when the Lord asked him a question, he answered immediately, no hesitation. God said, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Isaiah answered, Here am I, send me. Shouldn't this be the heart of every new believer or of every believer? Salvation should ready us for service, for obedience, and for sharing the great news of what God has done for us.

Father,
Thank You for reaching out to me, for saving me, for cleansing my sin and guilt, and for the atoning work of Jesus Christ. I love You and want to serve You. Guide me in the right path.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment