Thursday, March 7, 2013

Grace Reigns

Rom. 5:21
So that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
Death came into the world through one man, Adam, who disobeyed an explicit command of God. Even though all humans who have followed him have not necessarily sinned as Adam did, but all men still die. Death reigns in sin and sin reigns in death. Even though Adam was a covenantal head of the human race and set a course for all humans to follow, a course of sin and death, he was not the end all and the be all. Thankfully, the free gift is not like original sin. Just as many died through Adam's sin so likewise many live through grace and Jesus. In Adam's case, his sin resulted in judgment for all, but in Jesus' case, His gift brings justification. For as by one mans' disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience that many will be made righteous. Grace abounds all the more as sin increases. As sin reigned in death, so grace reigns through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. What glorious truths! I no longer have to be bound by sin, death, and condemnation. God has freed me through Jesus Christ, the covenantal head for all who believe. Through Him and the cross, believers have eternal life, justification, and righteousness.
 
Father,
As I read this, my heart is full of praise. What a glorious gift and blessing! I know I can never repay You nor do You want me too, but I can give You my heart of praise and surrender, and even that must be a gift of Your grace. Lord, I want to surrender to You and to love You as I should. Grow me.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment