Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sin overed

Rom. 8:3-4
For God has done what the law, weakened by flesh could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
 
How glorious is that! God covered my sin through the sacrifice of His Son. He knew that mankind could do nothing about sin so He sent His son to fulfill the righteous requirement of the law. Therefore, Christ's sacrifice had a specific purposes: He saved us and reconciled us to the Father, and in addition to that, He satisfied the righteous requirement of the law something that was impossible for man to do. He did all this so that I might live for the spirit and not for the flesh, so that I might set my mind on the spirit not on the flesh. If I am set on the flesh,, I am dead because of sin. How black and white is that!  Where is my mind set?
 
In addition to having my mind set on the Spirit is the fact that the Spirit dwells within me, the same spirit who raised Jesus from the dead. What power is within me! I have resurrection power within me by the Spirit of God and I have the Resurrected One living in me. When God save, it totally transforms the life from the inside out. So why do I live so carelessly? Why am I not victorious constantly? Could it be my mind set? Where am I looking? What am I valuing?
 
Father,
Thank You for the gift of salvation, for covering the righteous requirement of the law. Not only did You save me, but You put within me a Divine power source. Teach me to set my mind on Your Spirit and on Your Son. 
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment