Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Peace with God

Rom. 5:1
Therefore since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Through Him we have peace...
What a glorious gift! Justification hinges on faith which is a gift from God, and it results in peace with God which is also a gift. So what do we do to earn these gifts? Nothing, if we earned them, they would not be gifts at all. Most importantly, all of this is through Jesus Christ, His sacrifice, His love, and His faithfulness. 
 
Through Him we have access...
 Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of glory.  The grace that floods our life and that allows us to stand is a gift as well, a gift from Jesus Christ. He has opened the gates and granted us access. How glorious is that! He Himself is our hope, a hope for the life we live in glory. Jesus in me, the hope of glory! More than just hoping, grace allows us to rejoice in our sufferings. How is this possible? It is because we know that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. More gifts! We have been given the gift of hope, love, and the Holy Spirit, gifts which enable us to live fully pleasing to Him.
 
Father,
My heart is so blessed this morning as I think on the great gifts You have given me. Thank You for Jesus and the Holy Spirit who reside within me imparting grace, peace, and access to all that I need. As I go through life, teach me how to keep my eyes on the hope while I am living in God-given power so that my suffering will produce what You desire it to produce. Teach me to live fully pleasing to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment