Sunday, March 24, 2013

Harmony

Rom. 15:5
May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
We have used this verse many times for our marriage since we both want to live in such harmony with one another that we may glorify God constantly.  Even though this is our desire, it doesn't always happen. The same concept goes for the body of Christ. Paul explains that the strong have an obligation to bear with the weak [and also with his neighbor] to build them up in the Lord. So what seems to be the problem in obeying these verses? It comes down to the flesh. The flesh (whether it is in a marriage or in the body of Christ) does not want to think of others first. It only thinks about self. So how do believers overcome this? It all comes down to Christ. Our relationships must be in accord with Christ Jesus. It is His indwelling power that gives believers the power to overcome fleshly impulses and desires. Our desire must be to glorify God with one voice. Unity must reign! Like Paul, we must work as hard as we can though it isn't us but the power of God working in us. What a mystery and what a joy!
 
Father,
Teach me to live in unity wherever You place me. Help me to be constantly reminded that Christ is in me. I confess many times I let the flesh have control of my life. Give me Your grace to be obedient to Your words.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment