Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Promises

Rom. 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
 
What great promises! As I read this passage, I am overwhelmed with what I have in Christ. No doubt these great truths and promises impassioned Paul with his attitude. He could say unequivocally that any sufferings here (and he had plenty) were nothing. They were not worthy to be used to make a comparison. What I have to look forward to is amazing beyond belief! Paul truly lived with his eyes focused on the blessed hope, the return of Jesus, and a life in heaven praising God unendingly.
 
PromisesfFrom verses 18-39:
  • And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as son, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. --One day my body will be changed and my adoption as a son will be complete. This is my hope!
  • Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. --My inadequacy to communicate with God is no longer a hindrance. The Spirit intercedes for me according to the will of God. He is my help in weakness.
  • And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. --How great is that! God has promised that all will be to my good if I love Him, and I do!
  • For those whom he foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, in order to be the firstborn among many brothers. --I will be conformed to the image of the Son, the firstborn among many brothers. I am not trapped in this body of flesh but have a higher purpose.
  • What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us who can be against us? --No one, absolutely no one can be against us.
  • Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? --No one, absolutely no one, not tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, or sword.
  • No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death not life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present not things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth,nor anything else in all creation , will be able to separate us form the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. --Wow!
Father,
Thank You for these great promises that encourage and uplift my soul. I know that You are always with me, but am I always with You? Open my eyes to see myself as You do.
In His name,
Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment