Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Better than Gold

Acts 3:8
And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
 
As Peter and John were going into the temple to pray, they met a man who had been lame from birth. He had been carried there daily so that he might beg for alms from all the people who were entering the temple. As Peter and John looked at him, they said they had no silver or gold to give him, but what they had, they would freely give. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, they told him to rise up and walk. Upon standing, he found his feet and ankles strong. And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praised God with him. Not only that but they recognized him as the one who had sat at the Beautiful Gate of the temple asking for alms. These people were filled with wonder and amazement.
 
When Jesus heals physically or spiritually, people notice! I really don't think there is such a thing as a hidden healing. The man in the story was not shy about displaying his new-found freedom nor was he shy about praising God for it. In fact, many people wondered and were amazed. Do I try and hide the great work that Jesus has done in my life, or am I leaping and praising God? Am I using every minute of my life as a message from Jesus? Perhaps my life would be used by God to produce wonder and amazement in the hearts of those watching.
 
Father,
Give me Your grace and boldness to praise you publically. Teach me to live like the man who was healed. I do love You and want to share.
In the name of the Healer,
Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment