Saturday, January 18, 2014

Division

Mt. 6: 24
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
 
Jesus creates a sharp dividing line. Once His name is mentioned, the conversation changes. It will either want to go in the direction of knowing more or it will be shut done immediately. Jesus in the life does not allow for divided allegiance, but divided allegiance is what the world accepts as good. They want a Christian who has his feet in the church and in the world. This kind of religion is not offensive. But that is just what it is, religion!
 
When Jesus comes into a life and has a personal relationship with someone, his or her life has made a choice, a choice that is for Jesus alone. He allows for no divided allegiance. So if someone claims to have Jesus and has his or her feet firmly planted in the world, he or she is kidding themselves. Perhaps that is why Jesus says that many will come to Him and claim to have done great things in His name, but Jesus will say that He never knew them. How sad! And How foolish to think that man can manipulate the Son of God.
 
So this verse provides a word of caution. What is my life about? Am I salt and light? Am I laying up earthly treasures as opposed to treasures in heaven? What do I see? Am I allowing the full light of Jesus in or am I allowing darkness to creep in? I am His. My choice has been made! He is my all and I am all in!
 
Father,
Teach me more each day about what it means to live for You, to be light and salt, to have my eyes focused on You alone, and to serve only You. Thank You for Jesus. Give me boldness to make Him my conversation regardless of the result.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment