Saturday, March 1, 2014

Belonging

Rom. 7:4
Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to Him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.
 
Just as a person is released from the law when he dies so also I have died and am released from the confines of the written code. It is no longer a matter of rules and sacrifices, but it is an entire new identity. I am In Christ at the moment that grace has come into my heart to produce faith, a believing faith. I now belong to another, to Jesus Christ. What is the purpose of my belonging to Jesus? In order that I may bear fruit for God. Before salvation all my works were of the flesh and only brought sin and death, but now in my new identity, I serve in the new way of the Spirit. My heart follows the lead of Jesus, the Savior, and the Spirit who indwells me. My life must be one of fruit-bearing and pleasing Jesus through the Spirit and bringing glory to God.
 
Father,
What a gracious act! Thank You for saving me and loving me even when I was deep in sin and headed only for death. You have called me and saved me to bring forth fruit for You. Spirit, grow me in this fruit bearing so that I might be pleasing to God.
In Jesus name,
Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment