Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Understanding

Rom. 11:33
Oh the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and how inscrutable His ways!
 
So many things I don't understand! Take my salvation. First I am chosen, predestined, elected, and called to receive salvation through grace and faith. And all this regardless of my human merit! Then His grace is my sufficiency. In my head I know what that means, but how do I appropriate grace. I know I must walk in it so that I have no grounds for boasting and so that all my boasting is only in Christ. Also, there is the word of God. It looks like a book, but it is not! It is living and active, so much so that it can expose everything about me to the eyes of God. And what about 'Christ in me'? How hard is that to understand? What about the indwelling Holy Spirit and my body being the temple of God? Hard, hard, hard! Perhaps that is on purpose. What I don't really understand, the concept and its outworking, must be taken on faith. I, like Paul, agree when he says the depth of the riches, wisdom, and knowledge of God are unsearchable and inscrutable. For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor? Or who has given a gift to Him that He might be repaid? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever.
 
Father,
So many things that I don't understand, but I will trust You. I know that it is impossible to repay You even though my flesh cries out to do just that. Teach me how to walk in Your grace by the power of Your Spirit and through the work of Your Son. Grant me to walk worthy of the calling to which I have been called. Praise be to You and glory forever!
In Jesus name,
Amen
 



No comments:

Post a Comment