Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Precious Promises

Rom. 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
 
Wow! What a glorious promise! With God, I am in the right corner. I am in the place of complete peace because I am resting in the One who set in motion all of life. With God there is no fear only peace and rest. His promises are like no other! They are always true and life changing! In our culture where a person's word is not reliable, it is so wonderful to find promises that can be counted on. In fact, God's promises find their yes in Him because He must be like His character. He is perfect in all ways so He must keep His word.

For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.2 Cor. 1:20
 
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 2 Pet. 1:4
 
Yes, it is through the promises of God that I am a partaker of the divine nature. And as a partaker of this nature, I have even more promises. The believer's life is amazing because it is based on the One who never breaks a promises.
 
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.    Rom. 8: 27-28
 
What a blessing is that! The Spirit indwells my life to keep me completely centered in the will of God. And at the end of Chapter 8, I find that there is no separation from God, no fear of being lost or disconnected. Whatever God has for me, He will be with me constantly!
 
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom. 8:37-39
 
How blessed am I!
 
Father,
This morning as I think on Your promises, I realize again how glorious You are. Thank You for being the faithful God that You are. Thank You for the interceding Spirit. Teach me to walk as Your servant and Your child. Send Your grace to help cling to Your promises throughout each day.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment