Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Prayer

Ps. 69:13
But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of Your steadfast love answer me in Your saving faithfulness.
 
What a great way to pray! Answer me for Your steadfast love is good; according to Your abundant mercy, turn to me. Many times I have had a specific request or have been asked to pray specifically for a fellow Christian and was unsure exactly how to do that and still stay in the will of God. These verses seem to be exactly what I need. I can bring my request whatever it is specifically, but always I must acknowledge and desire His acceptable time. It is through His steadfast love, faithfulness, and mercy that He answers all prayer. In fact it is because of His love, faithfulness, and mercy that I can count His promises always true. If I don't see the answer that I want, then I know it is not His acceptable time. What peace and rest praying like this brings!
 
Father,
Thank You so much for Your love, faithfulness, and mercy. They always abound unceasingly. Teach me to rest in Your acceptable time. Teach me to have peace knowing that Your plan must be in Your time.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment