Saturday, March 8, 2014

Potter and the Clay

Rom. 9: 20
But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, why have you made me like this?
 
What a powerful question? How many times do my actions fall into this category? Do I question or try and change something in my life? But the following question explains this concept in greater detail. Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? Certainly He made me and He must have the ultimate control. I must view each detail of my life as crafted by the divine potter, as made for the purpose that He planned. No questions! No what if's! No envy! God has patiently endured vessels made for wrath so that His power would be revealed. In order that He might make known the riches of His glory that He prepared beforehand for those whom He has chosen.
 
This passage reminds me of 2 Cor. 4:7-12. But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
All of my life, the afflictions, the persecution. the perplexing situations and thoughts, and the disappointments that tear me down to nearly nothing, are to make me dependent on Him, on His grace, and to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to me. What a great God who turns the negative into the positive! He has structured my life so that I am conforming to the image of His Son, to Jesus Christ.
 
Father,
I want to thank You for the suffering and the trials that You have placed in my life. I want my life to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to me. Grow me into the image of Your Son.
In His name,
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment