Monday, October 24, 2011

The Good Shepherd

Jn. 10: 11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

Blessing of being His sheep:
  • Jesus is my Door.
  • I have salvation by entering through the Door.
  • I have pasture through the Door.
  • The Shepherd gives me life abundantly.
  • The Good Shepherd laid down His life for me.
  • He knows me because I am His.
  • I know Him because I am His.
  • He brings the sheep of all the folds so there is one flock and one shepherd.
  • He laid down His life willingly and can take it up again.
What a blessing to belong to the Good Shepherd's fold! After Jesus told this story, there was a division among those who listened. Some claiming He had a demon or was insane, but others who knew Him knew His saving power. I know His saving power! He is my Savior who cares for me just like a shepherd cares for his sheep. Because I am His, I can rest in Him because I know His voice. I will never be trick by someone untrue or false, and I will never be taken out of His hand. 

Father,
Thank You for letting me be one of Your sheep. Keep feeding me from Your words.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment