Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Granted by the Father

Jn. 6:65
And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

Jn. 6 makes it so clear that all is orchestrated by the Father. Jesus lived it and taught it. His life was in complete sync with the will of His Father. He had no mission, purpose, or will apart from His Father. What about my life? Where is my focus? Am I in sync with the Father or with my own agenda?
  • Jesus told the men not to labor for earthly food, but for the food that endures to eternal life which the Son gives. How can the Son do this? He does it because God the Father has set His seal on Him.
  • Jesus told them He was the Bread of Life, but yet they refused to believe. Why? Simply stated, All that the Father gives me will come to me...
  • Jesus said that He came from heaven for a specific purpose, that was not to do His own will but the will of Him who sent me.
  • What was the Father's will? That He should lose none of those given Him by the Father. For this is the will of the Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life...
  • Later when they were grumbling, Jesus said, No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws Him.
  • Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me--
  • As the living Father has sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on Me, he also will live because of Me.
  • And He said, this is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.
What a union between the Father and the Son! And the great blessing extends to me. In Jn. 17 Jesus prays that believers will be one as He and the Father are one. The glory the Father gave to the Son, He gave to us so that we could be one as They are one. The great mystery is that Jesus is in us, and the Father is in Jesus making us perfectly one with Them. Why? So that the world may know that the Father has sent the Son and that He loved us as He loved the Son. What a glorious gift! Unity with the Father given and granted by the Father through the Son!

Father,
Thank You for drawing me and granting me salvation. What love You have given through Your Son to make me Your child and heir with Jesus. Teach me to do only Your will.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment