Saturday, October 15, 2011

He Knows Not How

Mk. 4:26-29
"And he said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground. He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how. The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."

What I love about this parable is the lack of works on the part of the man! It is such a great example of grace and the transforming power of the Word of God. The man in the parable scattered the seed on the ground, in essence he opened his heart to the Word of God. As the seed took root, the Holy Spirit produced his fruit in the man's heart and life because the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. What did the man do? He slept and rose. He wasn't pursuing external acts of self-righteousness. He wasn't overly concerned with how others viewed him, or thinking that he had many talents and gifts to offer God. The life of the kingdom was being grown and reproduced in him. Graciously, God blessed him with the harvest. When the grain was ripe, he harvested the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ. Wow! The way God works in the life is something that man really doesn't know or understand. No wonder it is called a faith walk and a walk by the Spirit. He has called me to be His child, to walk by His strength and power, and to honor and glorify His name. He has called me to set my mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For I have died and my life is hidden with Christ in God. Am I hidden in God? Have I let relinquished control of my life to the One who can grow a great harvest in me? Am I walking by the Spirit and letting him grow His fruit in me? Am I abiding?

Father,
Thank You for making it all of grace. Teach me to let go of personal control and live and walk in Your Spirit.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment