Friday, November 2, 2012

Be Strengthened

II Tim. 2:1
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
 
 
Be strong, not in yourselves [in will-power, in power plays, in influence, in finances, in popularity, in possessions, investments, etc.], but in the grace of Christ Jesus! Grace is the key! Thankfully, grace is a freely offered gift that flooded into my life at salvation and continues to flood every day. God has given me the privilege of coming with confidence to the throne of grace for the mercy and grace I need for every time of need, and actually, any moment in time is a time of need.
 
Through His grace, I am to share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus by not getting entangled with civilian pursuits or the things and priorities of this world since my aim is to please the One who enlisted me, Jesus Christ. What pleases Jesus is my being strengthened by His grace to share the gospel with those who do not know! It was for the sake of the gospel that Paul was imprisoned, bound with chains as a criminal. But he rejoiced because the gospel, the Word of God was not bound! He endured everything and anything that others might know Jesus and obtain salvation. Endure like a soldier!
 
Through grace, Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker [soldier]who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of Truth. There must not be irreverent babble that will spread like gangrene within the troop resulting in ungodliness, or swerving from the truth that destroys a soldier's faith in his orders. Instead a soldier must have the utmost care with the Word because it contains his marching orders, his code of conduct, and the rations for those fighting in harm's way; and at the same time, it also contains the aid for soldiers drifting into enemy territory, and the life-giving medicine for prisoners-of-war. It is all that the soldier needs to do his job! It is his sustenance and his ammunition! With it, he endures! So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
 
Father,
Strengthen my heart by Your grace so that I might handle Your word carefully and suffer as a good soldier. Keep me steady and true in my pursuit of righteousness, faith, love, and peace. Reveal to me any sin that hinders Your work in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment