Friday, November 23, 2012

Blessed

Ps. 144:15
Blessed are the people to whom such blessing fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord.
 
David began this psalm by blessing God who had trained him for war and battle. Certainly David's life was full of battle, intrigue, and war during which he constantly cried out to God. He knew from experience all that God had done in his life. God, his Rock, was his foundation and his refuge. God was his steadfast love, his fortress, his stronghold, his deliverer, and his shield. God was his constant companion and his support! God was his sufficiency!
 
Amazed by his relationship with God, David wondered how a God so powerful could regard him [or any man for that matter] since his life was finite and flawed, like a breath or a passing shadow. Compared to the majestic power and sovereignty of God, man was [and is] nothing! His only recourse was [and is] to cry out to God for help, comfort, and protection. In David's own words he cried, Stretch out your hand from on high; rescue me and deliver me from many waters, from the hand of foreigners...
 
Assured of God's help, David sang a new song to the Lord rejoicing in his victory. There was absolutely no doubt in his mind. He personally knew his God! He prayed not only for himself but also that his children would flourish and prosper, that his crops would be manifold, and that his animals would be abundant. His heart rejoiced and overflowed in blessing to God. Not only that but David knew thses blessing were not just his but also belonged to the people of God. How blessed were the the people whose God is the Lord!
 
As I look at my life, I must ask some questions. Do I constantly cry out for His help, support, and comfort? Is He my sufficiency, or do I try and muddle through on my own? Am I blessing my God as He has blessed my life? With David, I can say, Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord.
 
Father,
Thank You for being my God and blessing my life with Your presence. Pour Your grace on me, strengthening my resolve and my obedience. 
In Jesus name,
Amen 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment