Monday, November 26, 2012

Love One Another

Gal. 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
 
How important is love in the body of Christ! Actually, it should define who believers are and how they act and respond to others. Sadly the Galatians were at war with one another over elements of the law. Some wanted to merge Christianity and Judaism. What resulted was a war within the body! Paul clearly told them that in Christ there was neither circumcision or uncircumcision, but only faith working through love. This preoccupation with the law was hindering them personally from obeying the truth and corporately plunging them into discord. They were called to freedom, but it was a freedom that wasn't meant to be a means to sin. As to the law, Paul said that the entire law was completed in one principle: love your neighbor as yourself. But if they continued to bite and devour one another, they would be consumed by one another. Certainly, warring with one another was sin, disobedience to God, as well as straying from the gospel of Christ. In no uncertain words Paul made his case! Love your neighbor as yourself! The same goes for us today. Love should be the keystone of our relationships with one another. It should be our default response not one that we have to muster up. Yes, I must love as Christ loved me!
 
Father,
Change my default. Grow Your love in me so that I can reflect You and Jesus. Open my ears that I might hear clearly what Your Spirit is teaching me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment