Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blessings

I Pet. 1:8-9
Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe in Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with joy, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
 
Not only am I blessed, but I bless God. He has given me so much. He caused me to be born again through the resurrection of His Son. That in itself is glorious! He has changed the course of my life completely aiming me in a total different direction. Also I am born again to a living hope, a hope that keeps me waiting expectantly for the return of Jesus who will call me up to Himself where I shall see Him as He is.
 
When I am born again, I receive an inheritance, one that imperishable, undefiled, and unfading. It is eternal as opposed to temporal, and not subject to thieves or corruption. This inheritance is kept for me in heaven and will be mine when Jesus calls me to Himself.
 
On this earth, I am guarded through faith for the completion of my salvation, which will be revealed in the last time. I never have to worry about losing my faith or my protection. In this fact, I can rejoice even though I am experiencing various trials, trials that test the genuineness of my faith, trials that will reveal the grace and strength that has been given to me. When I stand strong and walk worthy of my calling, the end result is praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ!
 
Though I don't see Him now, I love Him with a love that grows greater each day, a love that is doubt-free. He has given me joy inexpressible, a joy that is filled with the glory of a loving Savior. The prize at the end of my journey is the completion of my salvation, where I will be fully known and know others fully. I will not long be looking in a mirror dimly, but I will see Jesus face to face! How glorious is that! What blessings are these!
 
Father,
My heart is full of thankfulness. I adore You and extol You. You are infinitely great and kind, a kindness that changes my life completely. Open my eyes not only to Your great blessings, but also to my sin that darkens what You have done and are doing in my life.
In the Name of the Son who will return for me,
Amen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment