Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No Wood

Prov. 26:20
For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.
 
What a great thought! If I don't allow wood in my life, I will have no fire. If I don't repeat whispers, then will be no damage. What a connection this verse has to love. It is love that endures without repeating. It is love that values another and doesn't seek its own way. It is love that rejoices in the truth and not in fighting and quarreling. It is love that is patient and kind.
 
Whispering can be so dangerous! The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body. Sadly, these words are not easily forgotten and shouldn't be repeated. Once they are repeated they seem to have a life of their own, hurting and separating, causing distrust and injury. If I am concerned about someone, I must pray for them and let the Spirit of God do a work in his or her heart. Pray don't whisper!!
 
Father,
Thank You for Your word. Help me to keep my life free of wood so that no fire will ever smolder or burst into flame. Teach me to love like You loved and to care like You cared.
In the name of Jesus who loved me completely,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment