Monday, September 2, 2013

Consequently...

Heb. 7:25
Consequently He is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
 
Consequently...is a word that brings so many blessings for man. It is a word that ended a system of works and ushered in a system of grace. Grace for all who believe, all who are drawn by the Father. Praise God for such a Savior and a Priest!
 
The former priests and sacrifices were many, but Christ holds the priesthood permanently. There is no need of an inherited line of priests. Because of this, and His acceptable once-for-all sacrifice, He can save completely and forever, yes, to the uttermost! And as an added blessing He forever lives to make intercession for believers. His heart is for us [for me] constantly and completely. He prays for me in the most perfect way, a way that I can not since I am merely flesh. He has the power to change my life into the image of His. What do I do? Receive His grace!!!
 
He is a high priest who is holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. He is perfection incarnate! His sacrifice was once for all, covering all sin! The law appointed men in their weakness as priests, but Christ was appointed a Son who has been made perfect forever! This great concept and blessing negates my need for working or earning my salvation. It was given to me through grace as a gift [which is the only thing it can be or it wouldn't be grace.] What a blessing! Even though I understand it in my head, it is so hard to live it practically. How to receive grace when my flesh is so strong...
 
Father,
Take me down a path of grace, a path where I rely totally on You and for Your work in my life. Thank You for the gift of Your Son, my High priest, Redeemer, and Savior!
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment