Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wings Like Eagles

Is. 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable.
 
This is my God! How glorious! He also gives His power to the faint [me] in the form of the indwelling Spirit and Son. To Him who has no strength, He gives strength. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. In life, even youths faint falling exhausted. Humanity has no capacity to be a super-man, unstoppable with unfailing strength. In fact, humanity is the opposite of all that God is. He is strength constantly and forever. He is wisdom without measure regardless of the date, age, or culture.
 
So if man's plight is so bleak and puny, what should I do? They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. Wait on the Lord! Simple but hard! My flesh says tackle it, give it all you've got, but God says no. I must wait for Him if I want to mount up with wings like eagles; if I want to run and not be weary; if I want to walk and not faint. What a glorious promise! It seems so foolish to plow ahead instead of waiting. Waiting on Him gives me all that I need and want!
 
Father,
Teach me to wait, wait patiently with joy. Give me Your strength. Help me to fly in You without weariness and fainting. You are what I want!
Thank You Jesus for reconciling me to the Father. I love You.
In Your name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment