Thursday, September 12, 2013

The First and the Last

Is. 44:6-8
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the Lord of Hosts: I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? and you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock,; I know not any.
 
How clear is this statement! God is the only God, the first and the last, the end all and the be all. No one else is like Him in any way. Because He was Israel's God, and He is my God, I have nothing to fear. He is the one and only Rock!
 
Is. 43: 1-3
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume. you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
 
Just like Israel, I am called by name by God. I am His and whatever I pass through He will be with me. Nothing shall overwhelm me, no matter the adversity, the severity, or the duration. What a God is this! What a blessing to be called by name by God!
 
Is. 43:10-11
You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no Savior.
 
I am His witness as well and His servant because He has chosen me. How glorious to be chosen by God for His special purposes! He is my Savior who redeemed me and changed the entire course of my life. Am I witnesses of all He has done in my life? Am I living like a servant? Am I easily recognizable as a servant and witness of the Lord?
 
Father,
Thank You for choosing me to be Your servant and witness. Give me the words to say so that I might share You with all those You bring into my path.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment