Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Eagerly Waiting

Heb. 9:26-28
But as it is, He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him.
 
Christ has already appeared to put away sin by His own sacrifice, by His own blood. Without blood there is no forgiveness of sin [under the Law as well as with Christ]. After His sacrifice, He went to heaven where He makes intercession for those He came to save. He did not need to offer Himself repeatedly [as did the priest in the Law] because he was sinless and the only One who could be the perfect sacrifice. But Christ will come again, not to deal with sin, but to save those who eagerly wait for Him. Eagerly waiting must be my attitude and my action. Christ saved me to live for Him and to wait eagerly for His return. Am I eagerly waiting, or am I somehow consumed with the everyday issues of this world and of my life? How to maintain such an attitude must be a priority in my life! I must seek Him constantly through His Word and through prayer. I must identify with Him constantly and make an attitude of eagerly waiting my constant prayer.
 
Father,
Keep me eagerly waiting. Reveal to me when I get too involved in this world. Convict my heart and grant me repentance.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment