Friday, September 6, 2013

Outraged the Spirit of Grace

Heb. 10:29
How much worse punishment, do you thin, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified and has outraged the Spirit of grace?
 
These words are so strong and so powerful! It is almost scary to think of the outcome of some people who profane His blood and outrage the Spirit of grace. So sad! To whom does this apply? Does it mean someone who was a Christian and then backed out? No, thankfully. Christ has said that no one can pluck a believer from the hand of God. So this must mean someone who was in church and had even participated in the activities of church, someone who had  blended in but without true substance, and someone who, when it was no longer convenient or suited his or her purposes, left. Sad to think that in the congregation of the righteous are people who are not genuine. It makes me examine my own heart, to look deeply and make sure that I am not one of these people.
 
Rejecting Christ as Savior sounds so much nicer than spurning the Son of God and profaning the blood of the covenant. Perhaps that is what our culture has done. Watered down everything so that it sounds nice and less offensive. Who in their right mind would outrage the Spirit of grace but that same person might say that they were pursuing God in a different religion or even in nature. The Bible is so black and white with issues that demand a response. I must be responsible for my own heart and tell this message to those who don't know. Even the outcome of the unbeliever has been watered down to make it more palatable.  I have heard people say that they wanted to go to hell with their friends or that there was no hell [as if that would change it.]. How deluded and foolish! It breaks my heart...especially when I think of my brother.
 
Father,
Thank You for Your Son and Your Spirit giving me salvation and grace each day. I bring my brother before You and ask that You work in His heart. Soften it and draw Him to You if it is in Your will.
In the name of Jesus,
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment