Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Single Offering

Heb. 10:18
Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.
 
What a big deal! Forgiveness of sin through the blood of Jesus changed an entire religious system, and for me, changed the course of my life. For by a single offering He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. I feel that I am remiss in not valuing forgiveness more. I know about it and I gladly accept it, but do I praise God for it often? Am I overwhelmed with the magnitude of forgiveness? Am I rejoicing in Jesus and all He has done 24/7? Or has my heart become somewhat hard to the reality of it? Do I have a cavalier attitude toward sin sometimes even forgetting to confess? I know that I need to meditate on this and really absorb the reality of having my sins forgiven, of having a new life in Christ, and of having constant communication with the Father, a communication that is not marred by unconfessed sin. Am I just so busy living life that I don't notice? Or is it that I operate way too much on auto-pilot and not in the power of the Spirit?
 
Father,
My heart is deeply touched. Spirit, make me aware of the sin that I excuse and of the sin that I don't even see. Open my eyes to the reality of a new life in Christ. Jesus, thank You for dying to give me this forgiveness. I praise You all for the work You are doing in my life.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment