Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Final Instructions

2 Pet. 3:11
Since all these tings are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
 
Since this earth will be gone, and the new heavens and new earth will exist, a new heaven and earth where righteousness dwells, what sort of person should I be? Where should my focus be? If it is fixed in any way on this earth, then I am in error. I am a stranger and alien on this earth, my home is in heaven so that is where my focus must be. If this is my perspective, then I need to be concerned about holiness and godliness. I need to be concerned about being ready for His return. I need to be waiting expectantly for Jesus to come and call me home. Therefore in light of all these facts, I need to be found diligent without spot or blemish and at peace. This is not anything that I do in my own strength, but what grace can do through me. I need to be aware of false doctrine which is always rampant. And instead I need to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. Amen! In this short passage there are quite a few commands that need to dominate my life: godliness, holiness, diligence, peace, and growth. All of these are through His grace and for His glory. But what do I do? I must surrender to His will, make the right choices, and alter my priorities. I must live my life for Him and for His glory.
 
Father,
Help me make these final instructions the priorities of my life. Grow me in Your grace so that all I do will be for His glory.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment