Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Overcomers

1 Jn. 5:5
Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
 
If I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, I have been born of God! And I do! As a result of this new birth and because I love the Father, I love those who have also been born again. We share the same Father, both believe in Jesus, and both have a new nature. Wow! How do I know that I love my brothers and sisters in Christ? I know because I obey God's commandments! Jesus said, A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.[Jn. 13:34-35] Love is my identifying quality.
 
How do I overcome the world? By being born of God through faith by grace! By believing that Jesus is the Son of God. Without Jesus I would have no way to the Father. I would have no faith or grace. His death and resurrection is my life. As I live in resurrection life, each day more of my flesh dies with Him. When Jesus left His earthly ministry, He gifted believers with His Spirit. The Spirit is the one who testifies with my spirit that I am a child of God. He is Truth. Through Jesus I am not only a child of God, an overcomer the world, but I have eternal life! Life is in the Son! Having Jesus means life eternal praising God with all the saints who believe as well. So many blessings!! What a loving and great God!
 
Father,
Thank You for Jesus and all that comes into my life because He is my life. As you drew me to Yourself for salvation, draw my heart to You in obedience to all Your words. Open my eyes to see my flesh and my sin. Grow my desire to be like You in all that I do, say, and feel.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment