Friday, October 11, 2013

Rescue the Godly

2 Pet. 2:9-10
then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority.
 
What a wonderful promise! God has His hand on all the trials of the godly, and at the same time keeps the unrighteous under punishment. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way, that is humanly speaking. It seems as if the trials go on too long [Saeed], but that is my flesh speaking. I can only see the here and now while God sees the big picture. So what He asks of me, and all who trust in Him, is trust. Can I trust Him even in this? Even in the midst of a trial that seems unending? Even in the midst of a trial where it seems the ungodly are prospering? The answer has to be Yes. I don't need to understand. I only need to trust!
 
Peter then recalls events and people from the Old Testament who endured great trials and were rescued by God. Noah and his family were rescued while the rest of the world perished. Lot and his family were rescued when Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed thus providing an example to all those godless who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. Yes, God is mighty, strong, and eternally wise. He knows all because He set all in motion, including my life. My only course of action is trust. He knows how to rescue the godly from trials!
 
Father,
Thank You for this reassurance. Continue to grow me in godliness so that even as I trust You now, I may continue to trust You more and more.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment