Tuesday, October 29, 2013

More 'By This'...

1 Jn. 3:13
By this we know that we abide in Him and He is us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
 
 
How important is love! Initially, we are called Beloved. Love is now part of my name. God has given me of Himself in that He gave me love. I love others because I have been born of God and know God. Love is the identifier, the assurance, the new nature, the relationship builder, and the link to the Divine.
 
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
 
In love, God was made manifest to me in the person of His Son so that I might live through Him. He sacrificed His Son, His only beloved and begotten Son. By doing this, He reached out to me. He loved me first when I were still dead in our sins. He loved me so much that He sent His Son to be the propitiation for my sins, the substitute. Because God loved me in such a way that I ought to love  anothesr. Even though no one has seen God, He abides in me and His love is perfected in me. Through His great grace His power is perfected in my weakness.
 
I are not only assured of Him abiding in me by His love but also by the gift of His Spirit. Whoever confesses, acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in Him and he in God. Jesus Christ is the portal, the go-between, the One who made it all possible.
 
By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as He is so also are we in this world.
 
Love is not only perfected in me so that I might love others, that I might have the gift of the Spirit, and so that I might have assurance of God abiding in me, but also so that I may have no fear of judgment. There is no fear in love, but perfect love cast our fear. This perfect love has no fear because Christ has taken the judgment when He died for my sins. What a gift! If I say that I love God but hate my brother, I am a liar. It is just that simple. It doesn't matter what he has done or how justified I feel. How can I love God whom I have not seen when I can't even love my brother that I have seen. Whoevers loves God must also love his brother.
 
So we have come to know the love of God for us.
 
Father,
Thank You for this great love, for the gift of the Spirit, for the gift of the Son, for Him being my propitiation, for no fear of  judgment, for giving me a love that can love others, and for perfecting Your love in me.
In the Name of the Propitiation,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment