Sunday, October 6, 2013

For the Will of God

I Pet. 4:2
So as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions, but for the will of God.
 
 
Since Christ suffered in the flesh as a man with all the weaknesses of man, I must arm myself with His same way of thinking. Arm myself, what does that mean? I must not let suffering take me unawares. If I allow that to happen, then suffering would have the potential to unnerve me, to make me doubt my faith in God, but if I arm myself, that is I keep suffering through His grace and strength in the forefront of my mind at all times, I will be prepared for it. It will never catch me unawares, but instead will bond my soul to Jesus who suffered for me.
 
I must now commit to live not for human passions but for the will of God. This means a drastically different mind set and world view. If you then have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. My setting and seeking must focus my life on the will of God. It is only in His will that I will be pleasing to Him.
 
Living for Him can be that surprise [something to catch their attention] to those around me who don't know Jesus. Such living has the potential to open a door of conversation, but at the same time, it can open a door of maligning and mistreatment. Either way, it must be my course of action at all instances in my life. His grace and strength will take me where my flesh will many times be fearful and afraid, but even in the face of this fear, He will transform my feeble strength to His glorious strength. For His power is perfected in my weakness. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 
Father,
In Your strength and power work in me to share the gospel to those You bring in my path. I confess the fear that controls me so often.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment