Thursday, October 10, 2013

In All This

Job 2:10
But he said to her, You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
 
Job has already lost his children and his possessions, but Satan wasn't through with him yet. When the sons of God came before the Father, so did Satan. After conversing with God, he eventually asked God to allow him to touch the bone and flesh of Job. Satan believed that if he could do this, he could get Job to curse God and die. So Satan followed through on his plan covering Job's body with loathsome sores. It was so bad that Job took a piece of pottery and scraped himself as he sat in the ashes.
 
As Job sat there, he was visited by his wife [his helpmeet and comforter, not!] who was particularly nasty on this day saying, Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die. Whoops! Satan's plan misfired. The words he wanted to hear so badly came out of Mrs. Job! Job responded to his wife saying, You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
 
What a wonderful response! Even in this, Job loved God! Even in this, Job honored his God! Even in this Job trusted his God! And so must I! Whatever comes down my road, I must trust my sovereign God who established all my days before I was even in existence, days that are for my good, and days that will conform me to the image of his Son. All believers need to remember being a Christian doesn't mean 100% good days. It means God will be with you for whatever life brings Your way. He is there for strength and comfort. What a great God!
 
Father,
Keep me focused on You when breathing is hard and pain is unending. Continue to grow me in the image of Your Son.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment