Sunday, June 8, 2014

Stand

Ephesians 6:10-11
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 

Be strong, not in myself, but in the Lord! My strength will certainly fail! Why? Because the battle is not one of flesh and blood [although flesh and blood may be injured and physical life even threatened or extinguished], but it is one of spiritual forces, forces that I may not even see or hear. And even if I could see them, I wouldn't be able to mount an offensive. But if I stand in the Lord using His armor then the victory is assured. How simple is that! So why do I often fall prey to the schemes of the devil without standing in His armor? Maybe it is because of the enemy's very nature.  It involves rulers, authorities, cosmic powers over this present darkness, against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Oh my! These are forces far bigger than my puny strength, but they are puny in comparison to my God! God is offering me a strategic plan for my battle. He has not left me at loose ends or unprepared. It is my choice. I must choose God and His armor. Therefore [ in light of all these truths], take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore... The command is not complicated. I must stand in the power of God.

Father,
Teach me to stand in Your power every day when all the mundane things of life seek to take me down. Help me to be a victor in Your name.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment